Message from the Past

I recieved this email

Dear Mr Maillard,

I read with much interest the paper at http://web.archive.org/web/20040416141159/http://www.maillard.co.uk/downloads/htm/sola.htm. I would like to know if you have added to that version since it was written.

Re the paper(s) best suited to this work : with many papers having disappeared, I am a bit at a loss as to what I could use. I have a small stock of Kentmere Kentona (chloro-bromide paper); did you have the opportunity of using this type of support ?

Yours truly,

Michel

If any one can help
Michel please contact me.

My reply was:-

Dear Michel

I have a friend in France who might be able to help you he is a great Chemist and photographer.
I will forward this to him.

As far as I know any high contrast paper is good. Chloro-bromide will go a more neutral tone if you use selenium toner.
You could also try making up some high contrast lithographic developer if the paper is a low grade.
I suspect your kentmere might be multigrade, if so try using the hardest filter, combined with a high contrast developer.

Thank you for contacting me, I am pleased to see that old site is still around the web.

Kind regards John Maillard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shinzo Maeda

Vintage 80s: London Street Photography by Johnny Stiletto

David Hockney's instant iPad art