Another Earth Quake

very frightening, when cars are sinking in liquefaction. Annie was almost trapped in her work building bleeding people and falling walls and glass.

I was just angry, spent the last two days getting into survival mode, we have a generator, lots of tinned food, a gas shower.

The chickens were huddled in a corner and the dogs were rattled. Drove a very fast around the holes to get the kids, found them at school

comforting other kids. Annie took hours to get home, driving around holes and wrecked buildings, and people sitting by the side of the road getting treatments. We have an artisan well so lots of water. I am eying the cows in the our field and thinking about fresh steak

We have a refugee family staying in our cottage, and more coming in the next few days. Thank god we got this farm.

Thanks for the thoughts we really appreciate it and feel very lucky to be alive.

Comments

Dave Green said…
Hi John, we've been thinking about you and the family and are so glad to read that you're all ok. And thanks for adding this post, I expect a lot of people will be checking on you through your blog.

- Dave & Sadie
Alan Fortune said…
John, its great to hear from you after seeing the devastation the Earthquake wrought on Christchurch. The last time I contacted you was when you just been for a jaunt on a Motorbike. I presume you moved into a Farm, I'm sure you only had a house when I spoke to you before. Things have changed for me too, but more of that in the future. I'm so glad you and Annie and the Children are OK. Best wishes, AL.

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage 80s: London Street Photography by Johnny Stiletto

Shinzo Maeda

David Hockney's instant iPad art